The system overview provides you with information and identification of the many parts of your system. Please use this guide when calling with a problem as we can quickly direct you to the proper place on the machinery and eliminate call backs and wasted time. We recommend that you provide a copy of this diagram for your maintenance staff to review and use when servicing this equipment.
To insure the best results, we suggest that you keep the compaction area clean at all times. Pick up all loose trash around and on the machine. Keep area clear of children and unauthorized personnel to insure safety. Inspect the equipment regularly to be sure that all safety panels are in place and properly secured.
Read and follow all instructions in the owners manual and on signs that are posted with the machine. Safety begins with you. Follow all ANSI and OSHA recommended standards for safety, operation and machine guarding. If you have questions please contact your Diamond Rentals Representative for more information.
The Diamond Rentals, Inc., system for waste collection is designed to operate with limited supervision and maintenance. Should you have a problem, we will work with you to quickly resolve your issue. Please review this page of information before you call for service. Many issues are easy to troubleshoot and these pages will help guide you. Follow each step in order to insure proper and correct diagnosis of your problem. Utilize the ANSI Standards, Owner’s Manual, and the Overview pages in the packet to locate and properly identify parts.
Steps for Troubleshooting
The Compactor is not running
- Insert key in Compactor Override switch and turn once to activate compactor. If compactor does not function, proceed to the next step.
- Examine Remote Control Station to see if the “container full” light is illuminated. If so, call your waste hauler and ask for an immediate pick-up. If not, then proceed to the next step.
- Make sure that all doors, access panels, and the container are securely fastened and closed properly. Safety interlock switches will not allow the compactor to operate unless all doors and the container are properly closed and locked. Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Inspect pinning controls and make sure that the pinning control key switch is in the “Run” position. If the slot is not aligned with the “Run” position, insert key and turn to “Run.” Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Inspect remote control head and make sure that the control key switch is in the “On” position. If necessary, insert the key and turn to the “On” position. Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Press the reset button located on the control panel on the power unit. Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Press the reset button located on the side of the power unit motor (on single phase motor only). Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Locate the Power disconnect box and check to be sure that the power is on. If the box contains fuses, check fuses and replace any if necessary. Test machine to see if this corrects the problem. If not, proceed to the next step.
Warning: Power must be Locked and Tagged Out per OSHA Standards before opening electrical boxes.
- If you have completed all steps above and your compactor is still not functioning, contact the Diamond Rentals Inc. Service Department at (800) 463-9444. Further instructions will be provided.
The Automatic Start is not functioning
Diamond Rentals systems are equipped with an automatic start system that cycles the machine after a predetermined number of door openings and closings. Typically the system will operate with five door closings or less. Backup of waste in the chute and/or in the chamber can occur when large amounts of waste are placed into the system at one time. If this is a recurring event, then contact Diamond Rentals to discuss options to reduce backups. To check the system, follow the instructions below.
- Insert key into the manual override and turn to start compaction cycle. If system does not operate, follow directions on page one of the troubleshooting guide. If unit cycles, then proceed to next step.
- Open and close chute door five times. If system does not activate within five door closings, then call Diamond Rentals at (800) 463-9444. If system activates, then it is working properly.
If any of the following occur, call Diamond Rentals immediately:
- Hydraulic fluid is leaking from any fitting, hose, or from any part of the machine
- Evidence of tampering with the machine or the control box is present
- Consistent scraping sound or squeaking sound coming from inside the machine
Walk around compaction system and pick-up all debris and trash that is on the ground or the machine. Visually inspect the system looking for the following items.
- Loose connections and/or fittings.
- Damaged doors, controls, or connections.
- Oil level in sight gauge to insure that unit is full.
- Loose or open access panels, control boxes, or other potential hazards.
- Inspect Interlock switches to insure that proper connections are being made.
On a monthly inspection complete the list above plus the following:
- Lock out and Tag out the electrical supply to the machine per OSHA guidelines.
- Remove and inspect behind access panels for debris and for leaks.
- Check all control boxes to insure that they are closed and secure.
- Inspect the power unit and be sure that dust, dirt and debris are removed.
- Clean out behind access panels following directions below.
- Replace all access panels.
When debris is found behind the ram you will need to remove access panels and clean this area. Before beginning a clean out you must:
- Perform a Hazard Assessment to insure that all OSHA and ANSI Guidelines for Safety are met.
- Shut off Electrical supply by locking out and tagging out the system per OSHA guidelines.
Once the system is disabled then you can reach behind access panels and remove debris. A broom can be used to reach deeper in the compartment if necessary. Be sure to remove any items from the area before replacing the access panels. When all access panels are securely replaced you may recharge the electrical supply to the machine if all requirements for OSHA have been met.
Call Diamond Rentals, Inc. when the following has been observed:
- Controls, doors, or sensors are damaged.
- Oil site gauge shows low oil condition.
- Loose or Leaking fittings or hoses are discovered.
- Evidence of tampering with the system is found.
Diamond Rentals, Inc. Service Center
Toll-free: (800) 463-9444
*Only certified service partners that are contracted by Diamond Rentals, Inc. are allowed to service our equipment. This assures everyone that timely and comprehensive service repairs are performed on the equipment.